IED MUBARAK :)

idul fitri is coming!!!, it is a big muslim festival or muslim holiday in the end of Ramadhan (the Holy month for muslim)., and just like other muslim families especially indonesian muslims, my family also prepare everything for this big holiday. so in this post i would like to share to you, my family 'annual' routine to welcome such a special day IDUL FITRI
1) new clothes
its kinda tradition in my family (and most of familily, i suppose) that every idul fitri we will use the new clothes although its "NOT A MUST', but still its always fun to prepare for this, we have our clothes in the same colour tone, the women will mix and match their bracelets and rings and things like that. everybody wanna be in their best look! 


2) 'a clean up day'
one day before Idul Fitri is a clean up day. this one is 'A MUST'. this is one of those days when my mom will turn to be a militerian coach (well i dont know for sure what they call it, but i wish you get it ;)). My mom will give her command and speech about our tasks and no one can escape this :D. so usually me my brotha and sista will have our own ‘job desc’. my brother will clean up the house, I help my mom to arrange the cookie, prepare the clothes,’mukenah’ and everything while my sister and our house maid will cook some delicious meal for the fest. Every body is busy but we enjoy what we do.


3) Food
Well…well…well its imposible to talk about Idul Fitri without mention the food. So here I’ll show you some of the must cooked food every ied in my family
a)    Rendang (as you may already know rendang is one of the world’s 50 most delicious food… so I don’t think I have to say too much about this one)


b) Opor ayam (this is another delectable food from Indonesia, its basically a chicken that is cooked in coconut milk and some spices wich  I don’t know very well)

c)    Sambel goreng paru (uh… this is my favorite one, it taste heavenly yumm)


d)   Ketupat (It is made from rice that has been wrapped in a woven palm leaf pouch and boiled)

4)  Fireworks
Although we all already grown up but we still love fireworks, I mean who don’t right?, its just so fun to play around, decorate the tree in our front yard with fireworks and then laughing and singing along… I can even feel the joy just by remembering it.


5) burn the candle
This one is my family tradition and I loveeee this sooooo much :) …. So I my brotha and sister will burn some candles and put it almost in every corner of the house. There is an old mith that God will see the lightest house and send the angels to bless that house…. And that’s the reason why we burn those candles.


So those are some of our activities one day before Ied. What’s yours? give a comment and share your story cause I desperately wanna hear yours chao….

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts